RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Yogi

The following is the only known photographic evidence of the fabled Loch Ness Kitteh:


Kidding.

What I do have is real photographic evidence of a confirmed sighting of an elusive sanctuary cat whose existence I'd begun to have cause to question.

After I got to know Harley and later sister Boo Boo, Ann told me about the third sibling, a shy boy named Yogi. He lives in the back yard, she told me, and looks less like his brother and sister than he does like Huey with a tail.

Yogi is fond of Ann and will come trotting out when she calls him. Except when there's a stranger around. Me, for example.

After a number of failed attempts over many months, I couldn't help teasing Ann, suggesting perhaps this might be a feline of the mythical variety.

Then one day recently she was fortunate enough to capture Yogi on camera. And, unlike the cheerfully doctored photo at the beginning of the post, this one's the real deal.

photo by Ann

Has anyone else managed to get a picture of Yogi? If so, send it along to nekoraps(at)gmail.com and I'll post it on the blog.

2 comments:

  1. I have a picture of him........... oh wait, already submitted it :)
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got loads of pictures of Yogi on my facebook, he's one of my Sunday morning followers, like Tibet shy but likes to play and cuddle if focused on in a non crowded place.

    ReplyDelete